Rabka - Zdrój, Wieliczka, Kalwaria Zebrzydowska and Wadowice, Oświęcim - Brzezinka, Kraków, Zakopane
The Rabka Zdrój is situated in a picturesque valley at the foot of Gorce at 500 - 600 m above sea level.
Here we can admire stunning views of the massif of Luboń Wielki belonging to the Beskid Wyspowy and the Babiogórski mountain range. Hiking, biking, horse riding, sports stadium, skate park, playgrounds and swimming pools encourage to spend holidays in Rabka - Zdrój.
In winter, skiers find perfectly prepared slopes for alpine skiing and cross-country trails.
In the city center, in winter, an ice rink is open. In spring and summer, there is Rabkoland offering merry-go-rounds and other theme parc attractions. In Rabkoland, one can also visit the Order of the Smile Museum and the Records and Curiosities Museum.
In the center of Rabka Zdroj there is a beautiful park (150 ha) called Park Zdrojowy (“Spa Park”). The park has numerous green walking paths and beautiful flowers. On the outskirts of the park, on the Aleja Jordana, a complex of two wooden pavilions was created: a graduation tower and a pump room. The Graduation tower (Tężnia Rabczańska), officially opened on 22 June 2009, is used for treatment purposes, i.e. inhalation outdoors. It is based on a closed-circuit of 1.87% of brine, which comes from a nearby borehole, "Helena" (440 m deep).
• Park Zdrojowy and its promenade
• Regional Museum in an old 18th century church
• Neo-Gothic parish church from the early 20th century
• Museum of Jan Fudala
• Puppet Theatre "Rabcio"
• The Order of the Smile Museum
• Rabkoland - amusement park
• Railway and Trains Museum in Chabowka
• Retro train ride
In Chabówka, two kilometers away from Rabka, a Railway Museum was opened in 1994 in a former engine house.
The collection of exhibits began in the mid ‘80s. An exhibition of steam, electric and diesel locomotives was arranged on some of the railroad tracks.
With its unique salt mine and the Museum of Krakow soups, located in 14 historic chambers in an underground mine.
Other interesting places in the city:
• St. Sebastian’s Wooden church
• St. Clement’s Church
• Tower and rests of defensive walls
• Reformaci Church and Monastery
• Palace Konopka
KALWARIA ZEBRZYDOWSKA and WADOWICE
The largest Sanctuary (after the one in Jasna Góra) of Our Lady with a Monastery of the Bernardine monks and Kalwaria - a pilgrimage place in Kalwaria Zebrzydowska and Wadowice – a town where Karol Wojtyla (the Pope John Paul II) was born and spent his childhood.
Places associated with the figure of John Paul II:
• Museum - family home of Karol Wojtyla
• Catholic basilica of Our Lady
• Museum of Wadowice
• St. Peter’s church
OŚWIĘCIM - BRZEZINKA
Auschwitz - Birkenau
A place that marked the history of World War II - the largest concentration camp, where about 4 million people of 28 nationalities (mostly Jews and Poles) died.
Auschwitz is one of the cities of the World Association of Martyr Cities.
A few years ago, the UN Secretary General awarded Auschwitz with the title of "The ambassador of peace”.
The city, which has a special place on the Polish map, represents the largest collection of historic monuments in the country.
Most popular places:
• Wawel Hill
• The Market with the St. Mary’s Church, the Cloth Hall and the St. Wojciech’s church
• Barbakan, Brama (gate) Floriańska and the defensive walls
• Theatre Słowacki
• Czartoryski Museum
• Collegium Maius
• St. Peter and Paul’s church
• St. Andrew’s church
• Planty (a park around the city center)
• St. Anna’s church
• Cemetery Rakowicki
• Rydlówka - Museum of Young Poland
• The old Jewish Quarter with the Old Synagogue and Remuh Cemetery
• Kosciuszko Mound
• Piłsudski Mound
• Benedictine Abbey in Tyniec
• Church and Monastery of the Camaldolese monks at the Silver Mountain (Srebna Góra)
• Church and Monastery of the Cistercians in Nowa Huta
• Sanctuary of God’s Mercy in Łagiewniki
In summer is an ideal starting point for hiking in the highest Polish mountains, in winter it is one of the largest ski resorts in our country.
Interesting places in Zakopane:
• The Tatra Museum
• Witkiewicz’s Theatre
• Cemetery at Brzyzek Peksowy and its church cemetery
• Karol Szymanowski Museum
• Kornel Makuszynski Museum